Curious about how to brew essiac tea? Have you heard it's really complicated? No worries! When you use our essiac tea, the same kind Rene Caisse used, making essiac is as easy as making a pot of pasta.
From our extensive experience in the essiac business, we highly suggest that you brew essiac tea yourself rather than purchase essiac pre-brewed. Not only will you save tons of money, but you will be getting a superior product.
You see, you just can't win with pre-brewed essiac tea, because only one of two things can happen: either the essiac is loaded with artificial preservatives, or the essiac is at risk to spoil or lose it's potency over time.
The good news however is that brewing essiac tea is quick and simple: you'll learn how to brew essiac tea at home right here. And you'll be confident that you took the utmost care and precaution brewing your essiac tea in a thorough and sanitary fashion - since NO ONE cares more about your health than you! We also include these brewing instructions you'll see here with all orders, so no worries that you'll have to remember this information!
This formula is made with powdered herbs, the method that Rene Caisse last used before her passing.
Check out the many benefits of using essiac tea here.
Some essiac users decide that they would like to buy the herbs separately and blend them themselves. We don't recommend this, because even if you know the correct ratio of the eight herb formula (most people don't, as this formula is not in the public domain) and you also have access to the proper equipment and facilities to mix them thoroughly and in a sanitary fashion, you would probably spend more money (and certainly spend more time and have a larger margin of error) than if you bought the pre-blended formula from a company like us.
This is because we sell such large quantities of herbs that we are able to get them supplied to us at a large volume discount. This is good news for you, because it means you can have convenience AND a low price...with no extra unnecessary work on your part! We have put everything together for you so that all you have to worry about is brewing your essiac tea at home when you're running low. But make no mistake - that step is hugely important! The process of brewing your own essiac takes just 10 minutes once every two weeks for most essiac tea users. Scroll down for the instructions.
How to Brew Essiac Tea:
2-week supply of essiac tea using aggressive dose OR maintenance dose.
Please note: Steps 1 and 2 will vary depending on which level of dose you choose. Steps 3 thru 5 are the same regardless of which size you prepare. Click here to see the difference between aggressive and maintenance dose.
1. Bring 134 oz. (1 gallon plus 6 oz. to account for evaporation) of water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
2. Add 4 oz. of the essiac herbs blend. It's best to actually weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (A very rough approximation of 4 oz. herbs dry measure- which weighs 113 grams - is 1 1/4 cups of herbs when using dry measurement cups instead of a kitchen scale. If you don't already have one, please purchase a small inexpensive home kitchen scale which costs around $10 as soon as possible as the measuring cups are not very accurate due to varying levels of settling and packing of the powdered herbs over time).
1. Boil 88 oz. of water in a large pot.
2. Add 2.67 oz. of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount. A rough approximation if you have to use dry measurement cups is a rounded 1/2 cup.
1. Boil 34 oz. of pure water in a large pot.
2. Add 1 oz. (28 grams) of the essiac herbs blend. It's best to weigh the herbs, but a heaping 1/4 dry measurement cup is an estimate.
3. Turn the heat down to medium and let the tea simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep a cover on the pan with just a bit of air exposed to reduce evaporation.
4. Turn the heat off, cover the pan completely, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
5. The following day, stir the tea vigorously to disperse the remnants of the herbs throughout the mixture* and pour it into a pitcher of choice. Refrigerate.
*We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you leave the herb particles in the tea and DO NOT strain the herbs. Because these are powdered herbs, there is no need to strain anything - the herbs are fine enough to be taken as you drink the tea. The herbs themselves are believed to increase the potency of the essiac tea.
Do not try to brew essiac tea for more than two weeks ahead. It will stay good for about 14 days, but after that you should make a fresh batch of essiac. Shake or stir the container well before pouring your dosages to disperse the herb particles throughout the mixture.
If you find it difficult to drink essiac straight, you may mix your essiac tea with fruit or vegetable juice that contains no added sugar. You can also add stevia to the essiac. It's best to consume essiac cold. Heating it again overprocesses the tea.
The most consistent results over the years with essiac come when the doses are taken on an empty stomach. This means to avoid eating two hours before and one hour after administering essiac. However, if you must eat and take essiac at the same time, that is better than skipping your essiac dose entirely.
The herbs are important to consume as part of each dose. Therefore, please do not strain and throw out the particles at the bottom (some describe it as 'mud'). It's important to get some of these particles into each and every dose. The most effective way to do this for most people is to use a large wooden spoon to stir the pitcher before pouring each dose. You can leave the lid off your container to make this more convenient. Stirring tends to work better than shaking especially when the pitcher is full.
Be sure to check out the video on how to properly store essiac shown near the top of this page!
Get our best tips on how to drink essiac tea just as Rene Caisse recommended.
Contact us if you have further questions about how to brew essiac tea.
Our Essiac takes just 10 minutes to make once every two weeks. It costs less than $1 per day to use.
Click here to order our most popular supply of essiac tea for $179.97! It will last six months at the Aggressive/Improvement of Health dose and costs less than $1 per day to use.
If you'd rather start small, you can order 1 lb. of Essiac in four 4-oz. packets for $68.97 by clicking here. This order lasts two months at the Aggressive/Improvement of Health dose, or three months at the Maintenance dose. If you're not sure which dosage you need, click here to learn.
Disclaimer: Essiac is not FDA tested and has not been FDA approved as a treatment or cure for any health problem, including cancer. We do not represent it as such on this site. You must determine whether essiac is a product you should pursue. We have provided accounts and descriptions that represent the opinions of a variety of experts as well as actual users of essiac. We describe how to brew essiac in the manner in which we were told. We believe that our formula is the best essiac formula being sold in the world, and that our essiac tea ingredients are of the highest quality. However, we do not endorse anything on this site as medical fact.