1. If you are not fond of the taste, you can mix your essiac serving with unsweetened fruit or vegetable juice. Many people find this to be a temporary need and they eventually get used to the taste on it's own.
2. There are no additives in this essiac to make it taste "better" which is why some people say that they prefer the taste of other brands. This essiac has a "grassy" taste that some find to be slightly bitter. It's also good to know that the batches tend to vary in taste. If a sweeter taste is desired, we recommend adding stevia or a sweetener of your choice (sugar is not recommended). Some prefer to add lemon juice to the tea.
3. Some folks settle upon rinsing their mouth out with juice right after taking essiac to eliminate any aftertaste. You can even try holding your nose while you drink it down. Again - this is usually only a temporary measure until you grow accustomed to the taste. You can think of it like a "chaser."
4. You may find a variation in taste, color, texture and thickness of your brewed essiac from batch to batch. This is normal! Each harvest of herbs varies due to varying soil and climate conditions. Rest assured, we test each and every batch to make sure the quality is top notch. All herbs are tested for purity and quality at every step of the way. All the herbs are pesticide free, insecticide free, herbicide free, and non-irradiated.
5. To accomplish taking essiac three times per day on an empty stomach (as directed to improve health), we recommend: drinking a serving upon waking up in the morning and waiting at least 1 hr. to have breakfast, drinking a serving at least 2 hrs. after lunch, and drinking a serving at least 2 hrs. after dinner. If you are away from home during the day, take the essiac along with you in a thermos with a couple of ice cubes.
6. Some, but not all people observe results within just a few days while taking the aggressive dose. Other folks can take up to six months to see improvement. The good news is that nearly everyone notices results after six months! To maintain these results once you are satisfied, you can switch to the maintenance dose of 3 oz. twice per day. If you wish to further improve results after you've been on the tea for six months, continue to take the aggressive dose. You can take the aggressive dose or the maintenance dose indefinitely.
7. You can take supplements and medications right along with the essiac. Also, you can take as much water as you like. You can also drink coffee (black) or tea (unsweetened) during the "empty stomach" time.
Our essiac takes just 10 minutes to make once every two weeks. It costs less than $1 per day to use.
If you'd rather start small, you can order 1 lb. of essiac in four 4-oz. packets for $68.97 by clicking here. This order lasts two months at the Aggressive/Improvement of Health dose, or three months at the Maintenance dose. If you're not sure which dosage you need, click here to learn.