It's fast and easy to brew essiac tea at home. If know how to make plain spaghetti, you know how to make essiac! It's that easy!
If you brew essiac tea at home, you save loads of money and you also ensure that your tea is fresh and free of additives and preservatives. Buying our essiac tea is over 10 times cheaper than buying pre-brewed tea at the health food store, and it's also cheaper than buying the herbs in bulk and blending them yourself. We include a copy of the brewing instructions with each order.
Please note: Steps 1 and 2 will vary depending on which level of treatment dose you choose. Steps 3 thru 5 are the same regardless. Click here to see The difference between the aggressive/improvement of health dosage and the maintenance dose.
1. Bring 134 oz. (1 gallon plus 6 oz. to account for evaporation) of water to a boil in a stainless steel pot and reduce heat to a simmer.
2. Add 4 oz. of the essiac herbs. Make sure you weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (A very rough approximation of 4 oz. herbs--which weighs 113 grams--is 1 1/4 cups of herbs when using dry measurement cups instead of a kitchen scale. If you don't already own one, please purchase a small inexpensive home kitchen scale as soon as possible).
1. Boil 44 oz. of water in a large stainless steel pot.
2. Add 1.33 oz. of the essiac herbs. It's important to weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount. A rough approximation if you have to use dry measurement cups is a rounded 1/4 cup. Click here to see our guide on the best essiac tea supplies, including a good kitchen scale.
3. Turn the heat down to medium and let the tea simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep a cover on the pan with just a bit of air exposed to reduce evaporation.
4. Turn the heat off, cover the pan completely, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
5. The following day, stir the tea vigorously to disperse the remnants of the herbs throughout the mixture* and pour it into a container of your choosing, such as the type you'd use for iced tea. Refrigerate.
*We STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you leave the herb particles in the tea and DO NOT strain the herbs. Because these are powdered herbs, you don't have to strain them out--the herbs are finely powdered and broken down enough to be taken as you drink the tea. The herbs increase the efficacy level of the treatment.
Do not try to brew more essiac tea than you'll use in two weeks: it will stay good for about 14 days, but after it may spoil and you should make a fresh batch of tea. Shake the container well before pouring your dosages to disperse the herb particles throughout the tea.
If you find it difficult to drink essiac straight, you may mix your essiac tea with fruit or vegetable juice. Most people consume essiac cold.
The most consistent results over the years with essiac come when the doses are taken on an empty stomach. This means you need to avoid eating two hours before and one hour after administering your essiac dose. However, if you must eat and take essiac at the same time, that is much better than skipping the dose entirely. Try taking some first thing in the morning, taking your second dose to work with you in a thermos, and taking your last dose just before bed.
Disclaimer: Essiac is not FDA tested and has not been FDA approved as a treatment or cure for any health problem, including cancer. We do not represent it as such on this site. You must determine whether essiac is a treatment method you should pursue. We have provided accounts and descriptions that represent the opinions of a variety of experts in the alternative treatment world as well as actual users of essiac. We believe that our formula is the most effective essiac formula being sold in the world. However, we do not endorse anything on this site as medical fact. These brewing instructions are a recommendation only.