Learn how to brew small essiac batches if someone is taking less than 9 oz. of tea per day (9 oz. of tea is the aggressive dose for adults). Examples would be an adult on the maintenance dose, or kids/small pets who need to take less essiac than that each day. In these instances, making one gallon at a time is too much because the tea only keeps for up to 2 weeks in the fridge (we do not use additives or preservatives).
Steps 1 and 2 will vary depending on how much tea you wish to brew at once. Decide whether you want to make 1 Quart of Essiac Tea or 1 Pint. Steps 3 thru 5 of these instructions are the same regardless of your size brew.
To Make 1 Quart of Essiac Tea:
1. Bring 33 oz. of spring water to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
2. Add 1 oz. (28.25 grams) of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (A very rough approximation of 1 oz. herbs in dry weight is a rounded 1/4 cup dry measurement cup).
To Make 1 Pint of Essiac Tea:
1. Bring 17 oz. of spring water to a boil.
2. Add 1/2 oz. (14g) of the essiac herbs blend. Please weigh your herbs on a kitchen scale to ensure you have the correct amount (A very rough approximation is 1/8 cup if you use a dry measurement cup).
And the rest of the instructions are here:
3. Simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover the pan partially to reduce evaporation.
4. Turn the heat off, cover the pan, and leave the mixture sitting at room temperature for twelve hours.
5. The following day, stir the tea and funnel into a clean spring water gallon container. Refrigerate.
It is not recommended that you strain the herbs. The herbs increase the efficacy level of the tea--it's best to leave them in the tea. Since they are powdered herbs, this is perfectly safe and healthy.
Do not brew essiac tea more than two weeks ahead: after that, spoilage may result and the tea may not be as effective. Shake or stir the container vigorously before pouring the dosages.Click here to order the 1 oz. packets, which work well for adults on maintenance dose, or pets or kids.